Germs are small microorganisms that are everywhere around us and invisible to the human eye. Did you know if you cough or sneeze, germ filled droplets spread up to 12 feet. Colds and flus usually spread this way. Most germs are harmless. Germs even live on our bodies. However, there are some germs that are fearsome because they are constantly mutating to break into your immune system’s barricades!
You can help stop the spread of germs by following these simple tips –
- Wash your hands often. Always wash before preparing or eating food and after you use the bathroom.
- Clean and wash eating utensils and surfaces when preparing food. Store and cook foods at recommended temperatures. Don’t leave food sitting out. Refrigerate food items immediately.
- Cough and sneeze into your sleeve.
- Stay home when sick
- Don’t share personal items that can’t be disinfected.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth.
While we can’t stop germs, following these simple tips can help reduce the spread of germs!
If you are feeling down and blue with cold or flu symptoms the physicians of Dominion Internal Medicine can help you feel better. Call (540) 878-5408 to schedule an appointment or for simply more information.
Compassionate Care, for a Healthy Heart, Body and Mind.
Most insurance’s accepted. Now accepting CareFirst.